1. You don't finish your reading goal for 2012, in fact you haven't read a grown-up or YA book since October.2. You learn to make a crapton (official measurement) of slow cooker recipes & freezer meals.
3. You take 2 months "off" work for bedrest (i.e. enforced napping & TV watching), but you keep logging into work checking email and troubleshooting library patrons' ereader & ebook issues.
4. You take another 3 months actually off work for baby raising.
Wait a minute....
5. YOU HAVE A FREAKING BABY. (Guess I should have led with that one, eh?)
So now, I'm still making lists but they consist of things like:
- all the crap required to send your child to daycare
- all the crap your husband will forget to bring home from daycare when he picks up the aforementioned child
- meal plans for the week that you will never have time to cook, much less eat
- boards books read to a three month old who is obviously more entranced by the ceiling fan & the curtains than your story time voice
- so basically ALL OF THE THINGS.
Soooooo....expect my posts to start to take a turn for the mama-oriented. I don't have time for book challenges & NaNoWriMo's at the moment. Maybe at some point life will return to a new normal with more room for those things, but for now I'm doing good to
Small goals, people--small goals.